Sunday, June 28, 2009

Had another orientation this week, this time at Epcor. By far one of the better orientations I've been through this year, as it had the least amount of stupid questions in the quiz portion. I am so sick of questions that go along the lines of:

12 – Before you enter a work site, who must review the Safe Work Permit?
a. The crew leader.
b. The other employees.
c. The shift supervisor.
d. a and c
e. all of the above.
f. none of the above.
g. b and d, but not c.
h. g and c, but not d.

Or questions like this:

12 – What should you do before operating a vehicle in a new area?
a. Just do whatever.
b. Back the vehicle in.
c. Ensure that you receive a hot work permit from the supervisors office. Have a gas test performed in the specified area to ensure that no explosive gases are present.
d. Like, really, whatever.
e. a and c

Hey, remember that giant plume of fire that I mentioned? Well, I finally got around to getting the picture off of my cell phone. Behold! Look upon yonder wasted petrochemical gas and despair!



It was also our last day of spraying at BP. Even though their safety standards are through the roof, you gotta admit I look good doing it:



Everybody died this week. Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett on the same day. Then Billy Mays. And now, Darrin's Xbox 360 got the red rings of death this afternoon. And it isn't even under the extended warranty anymore. Sad.

For some reason I've had June 26 marked on my calendar as the day that Transformers 2 came out, so I booked the Saturday off so I could seet it Friday night. Well, it came out Tuesday at midnight, which I didn't realize until after the fact. That hurt. And then I sprayed around transformers all day when I was working the electrical substations for Epcor. Rub it in, why don'cha? After dodging spoilers for four days I finally saw Transformers 2 on yesterday! What did I think of it? Well, it looked amazing. As usual, great special effects. As for the rest of the movie, I can only say that it was twice as X as the first one. The fight scenes were twice as good. There were twice as many robots. But there were also twice as many terrible “comedy” moments. The plot was twice as discombobulated. Also, the Autobot twins. Oh geez, where to start with that? Okay, first imagine Jar-Jar Binks. Now imagine that instead of a mangled Jamaican accent he talks crunk southern, has a gold tooth, and is (and I'm serious, this is from the movie) illiterate. Now imagine that THERE ARE TWO OF HIM. Yeah, they're that bad.

Also halfway through the first act the movie stops being “Transformers 2” and is “Species 4” for a few minutes. I'm serious, this is a ridiculous movie. Also there's a buttload of cursing, dog humping, and some drug references thrown in. This really isn't a movie for kids, which makes the fact that part of the toy line is aimed at the “five and under” crowd REALLY irritating. Would you make a colouring book out of Terminator and encourage people to bring six-year-olds to that movie? I say thee NAY. Rotten Tomatoes is giving it a 21%, and I give two stars outta four; the fight scenes did rock my socks off, but it's for genre enthusiasts only. Also I paid $17 so that I could see it in IMAX. That's a lot, and I'm not sure if it really added anything.

Oh my gosh, here are the videos!

I can't remember if I posted this one before, but I recently rediscovered it in my old favourites.

OFFICE WAR!!


The Great Office War

You may think this next video is a joke, but it is real and that's what makes it AMAZING.

Japanese live action Spider-Man TV series!



Poor cat. There are full episodes up at the marvel website and it's just as amazing as the trailer makes it out to be. It's also just as Japanese as the trailer makes it out to be. Spidey has a giant robot and shouts “Spider Strings!” before he shoots webbing. Oh gorsh, it's not a stereotype if it's 100% true, right?

The next video is about materialism. It's also terrifying, so don't watch it where anyone could hear it without seeing the video or your co-workers/spouse will really wonder what you are up to.

World of Warcraft Freakout



If that video left you depressed, then watch this re-mix!



No, I have no idea why he does what he does with the remote control. The shoe I understand, but the remote control continues to baffle me.

No comments:

Post a Comment