Sunday, July 26, 2009

Among Giant Things

Well it's been a couple of odd weeks. The week previous to this one I had a mad “Southern Alberta Public School Roundup Tour 2009” wherein I visited several small towns within an hour of Edmonton, and taking pictures with their monuments. Here are some highlights:

The Giant Egg in Vegreville



The Giant Sausage in Mundare



There were also two large ducks in some other town, but they really weren't that impressive.

Saturday night last week was crazy because of the superstorm that we had. I was at Graham's playing Star Wars Saga Edition when it hit, and his neighborhood didn't appear terribly damaged. The scary moment was when I was driving up Connor's road and realized that the lane control lights where off, along with every lamppost and traffic light. Power was completely out in my part of the city. When I got home I found that my roommates were back from Blae's wedding and had already lit some tea candles. And were trying to make s'mores with the tea candles, to varying results.

And with the power out I once again lost a chunk of perishable food, but the damage wasn't as bad as I first thought. Power finally came back on Monday during the day.

Turns out our company has the contract to spray the sidewalks in Beaumont. EVERY sidewalk in Beaumont. It's not a big town, but I got familiar with it fairly quickly. While there I found something that really changed my opinion on the Chevy HHR. I used to think that the HHR looked like a PT Cruiser and a PT Cruiser had a child. And those two PT Cruisers were siblings. But then I saw this:



Yes! The White Ghostbusters HHR! Unfortunately the license plate didn't say Ecto 1. That would have been too perfect, I guess.

In news that sucks, the gas cap on my car is completely stuck. When I first fueled up a few days after getting it I just thought it was something about having a new car. I eventually got it open, but a few other times it's been stuck, but I've always managed to pry it with just my fingers. Now it's completely immovable. A quick Google search of "Mazda3 gas cap" reveals that a lot of other people with the 08 model have had this problem. I called them up and they said I could just bring it down to the dealership on Monday. Lets hope my gas lasts until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment