Sunday, October 11, 2009

Feeling... Blue?

The first Edmonton snowfall was this week. So goodbye to being outside without a jacket and not having to brush off your car every time you want to go someplace.

Saw Blue Man Group with dad on Friday night. That was a pretty good experience. It was at Rexhall place, which is normally a hockey rink. Our seats were along the wider side of the oval, so we were sitting perpendicular to the stage. We had to sit sideways and turn our necks to see the stage, but about halfway through the performance two of the Blue Men walked along both sides of the oval doing a “pump up the crowd” bit. So I was about four feet away from one of the Blue Men, and that was pretty cool.

Now that it's winterish, my pesticide applicator job is done. Seeing as how I don't have that for exercise anymore, I decided to start working out again. I did some (very) light weights and crunches and stuff, and got that whole “every muscle I tried to exercise feels like it is going to fall off” feeling. Especially my abdomen. For all of Friday every times I sneezed it would send a shockwave of pain through my body from my rapidly contracting abdominal muscles. It seems to have gotten better by now though. Ow.

I think I've found my niche in family dinner gatherings. So far I've brought Cheetos to two gatherings and they've been a smash hit. It's odd. I mean, my aunt made this spectacular ham. That thing must have been cooking for hours because it smelled amazing and it was very tender and moist. It was like the meat equivalent of eating raw cookie dough. But even with all this stuff that people put hard work into, folks just kept saying "Hey, Cheetos!" and "nice, who brought Cheetos?" Are Cheetos something that my extended family likes, but just doesn't really buy that often? I'm going to Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow, and I already have two requests for to bring Cheetos again. And one request to bring Old Dutch Popcorn Twists.

Video Time!

I think I posted this one before, but this is a much better quality and there's about ten seconds extra on the end.



I need to keep better track of the things I post because I can't remember if I posted this one either. Oh well, it's still good.



This is like that scene in Jurassic Park 2 but with turkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment