Monday, November 9, 2009

CFT. There is no cure.

It just had to be one of my busiest weeks that my computer finally decides to stop playing nice. I had to reinstall Windows Vista just to get the stupid thing to start working again. Fortunately I back-up a lot, and I use Google Docs for all of my homework now. So I lost half a day for homework time, and I'm starting to feel swamped.

I went to the annual family chocolate dipping reunion. This is the first one I've been to in two years, and I was doing a new flavour, "peanut butter truffle." We were extra cautious about H1N1, so there were gloves and masks for everyone that wanted them. I'm a chronic face toucher (my own face, not other people's faces, that would be weird) so I figured I would wear the mask all day. Better safe than SARS. Remember SARS? No? Meh. Anyway, I ended up working on that particular batch for two and a half hours. Took a bit longer than expected.

Have you ever been working on a project really hard, and then at a certain point just hated it so much that you couldn't even look at it anymore, and then say “screw it,” shut your eyes really hard, print it out, and hand it in? I did that last week. Got 93% on it.

Have you ever been working on a project, and at a certain point decide that this is going to be the project that sets the bar for the rest of the year, and start putting in a lot of extra effort, take a bus to two different libraries to finds books to cite your sources, finish it a day early so you can make a second draft, and hand it in with the satisfaction of a job well done? I did that the week before last. Got 62% on it.

The lesson is, never try.

AMAZING



Real life super villain in training




Secret Admirer



Alternative Methods of Termination

No comments:

Post a Comment