Sunday, January 17, 2010

Laser! In the eye! Arg!

Not much to report this week. I got a nail in my tire and got it fixed at Costco. I finished the box of Dutch Chocolate sprinkles.

In our project leadership class we had an exercise where we make resumes and hand them into the teacher. From those resumes the teacher chooses six team leaders, and those team leaders take the rest of the resumes and chooses their teams. These resumes don't have our real names on them, so that there's no favoritism and you pick a team based on the resume and not on your friends. On Tuesday the team leaders picked out their teams from all the resumes, plus four people that weren't at the first class and didn't even have resumes. I was picked dead last. The four “wild cards” got picked over me. Sigh. At least I was dead last. Being second last wouldn't even have been a good story. Oddly enough, my team ended up being four people that are friends anyway.

Played laser-tag on Saturday for Jamie's birthday. I discovered a really great strategy. It's called “don't loudly announce that you've run out of ammo and then ask people not to shoot you.” Seriously people, if you just aim at me it's enough to scare me off. Shouting, “Dang it! I'm out of ammo. Dan, don't shoot me I'm out of ammo!” just encourages me.
Also, there should be a rule that allows pistol whipping of obnoxious twelve-year-olds. Not just in laser tag, I mean. Like, everywhere. It should be legal everywhere to hit an obnoxious twelve-year-old across the face with the butt end of a rifle. Especially those that cover their laser-receptors with their hands.

Freakin' twelve-year-olds.

New Product From Yatsubuchi Industries! Butter Water!



You know what? I just made up “yatsubushi” because it sounded Japanese. I put it into Google and it's close enough to “yatsubuchi” which is an actual word. I think it means waterfall. Duuuuuude. It's like I've got POWERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment