Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rained out



We officially have a new house to move into! We've got the stuff signed and we're moving in next Thursday. I'm looking forward to throwing away a lit of stuff. Moving is a very cleansing process. The landlord agreed to let us move in a few days early if we mowed the lawn. Tuck and I went to the new house to clean up the yard on Saturday. We bought a new lawnmower and trimmer to work on it, and together it took us about three an a half hours to mow that overgrown jungle.

I've had a pretty strange week. The first few days went by normally enough, but then the weather turned poor and I've been off the job until it stops raining. For the last few weeks I've been wanting a rain day so that I could get some chores done, but three in a row is starting to give me cabin fever. Since I have to get up at 5:00 AM to see if weather conditions are appropriate for working. So I've been up at 5 with not much to do. I went to movies in the morning, which is a strange experience. Almost nobody is around, and I feel like I'm not supposed to be there. Eery.

I saw a bit of that “Hoarders” show on A&E. It's simultaneously fascinating and terrifying. These people have disorders that make them compulsively keep stuff. The one family has so much crap that his family had to live in a tent outside their house. It makes me feel a lot better about my two bookshelves worth of comics, magazines and novels.

Attention Shoppers



Will It Blend? - iPad Edition



Man, I love that blender guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment